DUCATI 698 MONO SETS NEW SUPERMOTO STANDARDS!!!
Superquadro Mono engine
The Ducati Hypermotard 698 Mono debuts the new Superquadro Mono, the latest addition to the Borgo Panigale engines which presents itself as a new performance benchmark among single-cylinder road bikes. All the information on the new Ducati engine can be found here.
Powerful, light and compact, it comes from the most powerful and refined twin-cylinder ever created by Ducati: the 1,285 cc Superquadro of the 1299 Panigale. It retains the 116 mm bore of that engine, a record value for a road single-cylinder, combined with a stroke of 62.4 mm for a displacement of 659 cc, and highly sophisticated solutions.
The box-in-box piston, the titanium intake valves, the aluminium cylinder liner, the piston pin equipped with DLC coating and naturally Desmodromic distribution make the Superquadro Mono capable of revving at speeds normally reserved only for racing single cylinders (the limiter is set at 10,250 rpm) and delivers a maximum power of 77.5 hp at 9,750 rpm.
The torque, whose maximum value is 6.4 kgm at 8,000 rpm, is distributed in a particularly favourable manner, resulting in linear delivery that can be exploited in sports riding. Furthermore, thanks to the Termignoni racing exhaust, in track configuration the power increases by 7 horsepower reaching the incredible value of 84.5 hp, another record for a single-cylinder.
Main technical data of the Superquadro Mono
- 659 cc vertical single-cylinder engine
- Bore x stroke 116 x 62.4 mm
- Compression ratio 13.1:1
- Maximum power 57 kW (77.5 hp) at 9,750 rpm – 84.5 hp at 9,500 rpm with Termignoni racing exhaust
- Maximum torque 63 Nm (6.4 Kgm) at 8,050 rpm – 6.8 Kgm with Termignoni racing exhaust
- Aluminium cylinder barrel
- Euro 5+ homologation
- Mixed chain-gear Desmodromic distribution with double overhead camshaft, 4 valves per cylinder. 46.8 mm titanium intake valves, 38.2 mm exhaust valves.
- Asymmetrical crankshaft mounted on differentiated diameter main bearings
- Double balancing countershaft with control function of the water and oil pumps
- Multi-disc oil-bath clutch, servo-driven and with anti-hopping function
- Semi-dry sump lubrication with delivery pump and recovery pump
- Fuel feed via oval section throttle body with an equivalent diameter of 62 mm
- Six-speed gearbox with the possibility of fitting the Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) Up & Down
- Oil change set at 15,000 km
- Check and eventual adjustment of valve clearance set at 30,000 km