Shoei, the renowned Japanese helmet manufacturer, Sinar Puncak Sdn Bhd, the Shoei exclusive distributor in Malaysia, has recently launched its latest model, the NXR2, (Z8 in certain regions). The NXR2 is an upgrade to the popular NXR (Z7) helmet and comes with a host of features that make it one of the most advanced helmets in the market.
The NXR2 features an all-new, aerodynamic shell design that has been wind-tunnel tested to reduce noise and drag. The shell is made from Shoei’s proprietary AIM+ (Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus Multi-Fiber) technology, which combines fiberglass with organic fibers to create a lightweight, yet strong and durable shell.
One of the most notable features of the NXR2 is the new V-470 visor, which offers a wider and clearer field of vision than its predecessor. The visor also features Shoei’s CNS-3 base plate system, which makes it easy to remove and replace without the need for any tools.
The helmet also features a newly designed ventilation system, which includes six air intakes and six exhaust outlets, allowing for maximum airflow and cooling. The interior of the helmet is made from moisture-wicking materials that are both breathable and comfortable, and can be removed for washing.
In terms of safety, the NXR2 comes with Shoei’s Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ shell, which is designed to absorb and disperse impact energy. The helmet also features Shoei’s Emergency Quick Release System (EQRS), which allows emergency responders to quickly and safely remove the helmet in the event of an accident.
The NXR2 is available in a range of colors and designs, and is priced from RM2,400-RM2,980. It is available for purchase at authorized Shoei dealerships across Malaysia. With its advanced features, superior safety standards, and stylish design, the Shoei NXR2 is sure to be a hit among motorcycle enthusiasts in Malaysia.
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UN ECE) 22.06
- Developed and refined in SHOEI’s state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility
- Compact, aerodynamic shell shape with integrated spoiler
- Strategically-shaped air intake and exhaust vents help streamline the overall profile
- Boasts impressive improvements in aerodynamic performance and reduces the forces placed on a rider’s head
- Lift reduction (upward lift forces): -6%*
- Drag reduction (forward drag forces): -4%*
* Reference value comparison measured using SHOEI’s in-house wind tunnel testing facilities (NXR 2 vs. NXR/Z7).
ADVANCED NOISE REDUCTION
- Optimal shell aerodynamics reduce wind noise around the helmet
- Vortex Generators on the sides of the shield reduce wind turbulence
- All-new, airtight window beading provides wind/waterproof seal
- New, voluminous cheek pads and removable ear pads further restrain wind noise inside the helmet
- The NXR 2 provides an incredibly quiet riding experience without blocking the road’s informative sounds
- Wind tunnel-optimized to provide the perfect balance between airflow and silence
- Relocated center/forehead vent is equipped with an additional air intake hole for greater airflow into the helmet
- Upper air intake holes have been enlarged for optimal performance
- New, enlarged exhaust outlet vent for improved hot-air expulsion
- Large 3-position lower vent shutter for ease of use with riding gloves
- Features six (6) air intake vents and four (4) exhaust outlets
- Protects from 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays
- 3D injection-molding ensures distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision
- 2D “flat” outside surface combined with 3D technology inside offers an aggressive look with optimized visibility
- Vortex Generators improve shield aerodynamics and reduce wind noise
- All-new, conveniently located center locking mechanism evenly distributes shield forces across both base plates
- PINLOCK EVO fog-resistant system is 10% larger for improved lateral vision
CWR-F2 BASE PLATE SYSTEM
Completely redesigned to facilitate quicker, smoother shield changes
New shield adjuster mechanism provides easier, more precise tuning
Redesigned base plate gear has all-new “first position” shield opening feature for advanced venting and defogging
SHOEI’s patented spring-loaded technology ensures a wind and waterproof seal
All-new airtight window beading reduces wind and water intrusion
Plain – RM 2400
- Basalt Grey
- Matt Black
- Matt Blue Metallic
Graphic – RM 2899
- Accolade TC-10
- Mural TC-10
- Prologue TC-1
- Scanner TC-5
Rider – RM 2980
- MM93 Collection Rush
- MM93 Retro
Do register at Senanglah! The online MotoMarket! Where you find everything about motorcycles.
Catch us at: