Yamaha Motors Vietnam officially launched the all-new 2021 Exciter 155 VVA, (Malaysia is Y15Z) which now grew from the current 149cc to 155cc single cylinder. Vietnam is the first country to launch this model. The Exciter 155 VVA is designed to open up a new small sports displacement segment.
First launched in 2005 up to now, Yamaha Exciter has always affirmed its pioneering position as a symbol and the leading choice in the sports car segment with outstanding sales growth. In 15 years of shaping and developing, with significant upgrades and improvements from gear car to manual clutch, from 135cc to 150cc, Exciter has conquered a large number of customers who are passionate about sports and speed. The Exciter versions are always ahead of the trend and make a big splash thanks to their advanced engine power, powerful sporty design, modern features and breakthrough technology for the ultimate driving experience.
In 2020, with the effort and goal of bringing an outstanding version of Exciter to the driver who truly feels excited when fully mastering the ultimate acceleration, the all-new Exciter 155 VVA sports car for the first time First introduced. With the development orientation as a “Little YZF-R1”, the new Exciter 155 VVA meets all the elements to become the most modern compact sports car from Yamaha Motor. This is also the first model, pioneering a new development trend in the sports car segment in the Vietnamese market in particular and Southeast Asia in general.
Developed with the sporty DNA orientation of legendary large displacement cars, the Exciter 155 VVA has been upgraded and changed with completely new details based on the technologies being applied in the YZF-R1 super sports bike. But still ensuring the stability, flexibility, everyday performance of a small displacement sports bike.
The clutch A&S (Assist & Slipper)
- Assist: Increases clutch grip, anti-slip clutch
- Slipper: anti-lock wheel after stacking at high speed
- In addition, the new clutch handle is 10mm shorter than the 150cc version for better feel.
155cc VVA engine developed on the R15 engine platform
Maximum capacity of 17.7 horsepower, 17% more powerful than the 150cc version
The powerful engine block , increasing the engine power by 17% with the 150cc version offers an excellent driving experience for all conditions of use, from daily commuting in the city to long distance travel.
- 155cc engine, 4 valve, SOHC, electronic fuel injection, liquid cooling.
- Diameter and stroke of the piston are 58.0 x 58.7 mm, respectively
- The compression ratio of 10.5: 1 creates a maximum capacity of 17.7 horsepower at 9,500 rpm rev / min.
- Maximum torque of 14.4 Nm at 8,000 rpm.
- 6-speed gearbox
Reduced engine feeling when operating at high intensity, reduced noise, better fuel economy when running long journeys.
RETAIL PRICE IN VIETNAM:
- Premium version – Green GP: 50,490,000 VND >>>(Approx RM8,853)
- Deluxe edition – Black Rough, Rough Red, White Red: 49,990,000d >>>(Approx RM8,765)
- Standard version – Glossy Black, Matte Red, White Red: 46,990,000 VND >>> (Approx RM8,241)
As for Malaysia, we could probably see the Y155Z VVA 3rd Quarter 2021!
Spyshots have been taken showing testing on Malaysian roads.